I filed a complaint with bbb against an auto repair business in port charlotte. I spent hundreds of dollars there, they didn't get the auto air conditioner fixed at all.

After 3 attempts I went to another auto shop and got it fixed in no time. I should tell you the first shop specializes in a/c repair. Bbb took weeks to months to respond from initial complaint to any follow up. Then in final response said the shop has the last sayand closed the case.

There was no communication between me and bbb by phone or otherwise.

Bbb is a money machine backed by business. Businesses are their priority not the consumer.

Review about: Better Business Bureau Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Bbb is worthless, Business ethics.

Comments

I filed a complaint against a AAA garage referral. Auto Club gave the garage they rated as A when elsewhere the garage on Highway 19 ratings were D and F.

Having been an AAA member for over 30 years, I followed AAA recommendation to the garage to have my odometer checked. $4000 later, I went to pickup my car. No repairs had been done, none authorized, none needed. They would not give me my car unless I paid the $4000.

When reported to Auto Club, they accused me of being a fraud.

That is interesting as I am a retired fraud investigator with national awards. The garage told me to go ahead and report them, as no body does anything about it anyway, especially the BBB.