Better Business Bureau Reviews

Show reviews that mention
bbb complaint business money phone consumer rating scam complaints companies
Filter review

File a claim

I have been leasing furniture from aarons in Ottumwa Iowa. Dave is the manager. In May when I spoke to him my balance remaining was 2500.00. My father Larry Wendland went ahead and set up automatic payments from his debit card. I contacted Dave a week ago and he stated our remaining balance was 2300.00. My dad has been in and out of the hospital recently and we do not have the money to pay that kind of payment. I've asked for receipts I've asked for copies of the lease and they refuse me. They are impossible to work with and I do not feel I should make another payment until I receive proper verification of my account

User's recommendation: Do not ever do business with this company.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Verified Reviewer

To see if a business is real

There these house they are renting out I want to know if they legit busy
Better Business Bureau Non Profit Organizations Review Listing
Pros
  • I would like to talk to a person so i can express my needs
Cons
  • Donot mark the problem as answererd when it wasnt

Not backing guarantee

Bought 7 windows and two doors in on Dec 14 2015 they were guaranteed not the have condensation. Gave them a deposit to at that time for $2000.. on Jan8 they arrived wrote a check for balance $ 1895. In 2019 one window started to have condensation in 2020 another window began to do the same. We went to Bahr's Glass on Gall Blvd in Zephyrhills FL. to report this. We were told they needed our receipt so they could get the numbers for the windows. Returned there the next day we were unable to find our receipts. They took all our information three separate times plus three calls I made to owners phone. They have never responded at all, nothing from them. Now we are stuck with windows you can hardly see out of. We have done business with Bahr's for I over 30 yrs never had a problem. New brother took over business his name is Marty and he is just completely ignores our pleas. Are you able to help us. There is a guarantee on these windows. We cannot find our receipts but we have our cancelled checks. They told us at the counter that Marty could go back and find our purchase order. He has never contacted us.
Belmont, Massachusetts

BBB Scams

Update by user Sep 06, 2020

Mr. Steve McFarland, Better Business Bureau of San Jose reach out to me by email stating that Your Mechanic will refund me $158.77 however I have not heard from him.Better Business Bureau has no integrity however remains to give Your Mechanic high ratings scamming customers.

Your Mechanic has thousands of complaints against them scamming customers of poor mobile mechanic services.Your Mechanic feels powerful to scam and steal $158.77 from me installing new brake pads on a warped rotor. They provide incompetent brake services and don't have the tools or the shop to conduct such jobs. Your Mechanic should change light bulbs or headlights for cars which another mechanic was done for me - something easy and small.But because Your Mechanic has poor customer service and scam me by not honoring their warranty, I would advised customers not to rely on their services at all.

Pay more money with less headache and go to your local mechanic shop where they have the tools to do the job. Your Mechanic has no integrity and morals; they are scammers and corrupt.

Original review posted by user Aug 07, 2020
Better Business Bureau in San Jose The President sent me an email stating that Your Mechanic is going to return my funds $158.77. Then he sent me a copy of Your Mechanic email stating that they were going to do return it. However, I have not received anything. As BBB investigation report states BBB is not a government organization it is a business organization with paying members like Your Mechanic. Better Business Bureau (BBB) has been under investigation about their ratings according to the CNN Money investigation report. BBB is giving both Capital one bank and Your Mechanic A+ ratings for membership fees. Both Capital one bank and Your Mechanic has a lot of negative reviews and complaints covered by BBB. However, a report found that some businesses with high BBB ratings were being investigated for fraud or other illegal behavior. The BBB uses its own accreditation standards, which are built on the BBB Standards for Trust. These eight principles "summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business. “Being a BBB-accredited business can cost companies more than $10,000 a year. Capital one bank is protecting Your Mechanic reputation to scam a customer for $158.77. BBB has been investigated regarding their rating system with businesses that scam customers. BBB doesn't resolve complaints and make it seem in favor of their duly paid members even if the business is corrupted. There is no accountability.

User's recommendation: DO NOT TRUST BBB.

Better Business Bureau Customer Care
Pros
  • Connect to a business
Cons
  • Bbb is worthless
  • No resolution
  • Favor their duly paid members
Preferred solution
Accountability why BBB lie to me

Business Organization supports Your Mechanic

Update by user Aug 20, 2020

Well, your mechanic never gave the Better Business Bureau President McFarland as promised the return of the refund $158.77 for the installation of the brake pads and I didn't expect them too. BBB of San Jose should give Your Mechanic a D + rating if not that means they are in the scam with them.

Your Mechanic is a mobile scam artist and customers please don't trust them. They have no integrity or morals, especially they have to steal money from a disabled person from a fixed income. You don't put new brake pads on a warped rotor because problems will exist. If new brake pads are put onto a vehicle with damaged rotors, the pad will not properly contact the rotor surface which will reduce the vehicle's stopping ability.

Deep grooves that have developed in a worn rotor will act as a hole-puncher or shredder and damage the pad material as it is pressed against the rotor.Your mechanic won't have the materials like the mechanic shops who have the machine that could shave down brake pads. You have to shave down the new brake pads before you install them. And some rotors can be resurfaced but Your Mechanic is a mobile mechanic and doesn't have a shop to resurfaced the rotors.However, brake rotors must meet a certain thickness requirement to be considered safe. If they are thinner than the manufacturer's recommended thickness, then you need to replace your brake rotors immediately.

Some vehicles always require new pads and rotors because the rotors cannot be resurfaced.I didn't have that choice because I was scammed by the Mechanic and Your Mechanic refuse to honor the warranty.As far a Capital one bank, I received a letter 8/17/2020 from the Administrator that I am part of a class-action lawsuit settlement against Capital one bank breached its contract with accountholders and improperly assessed and collected fees when accountholdersused a non-Capital One ATM to check an account balance.

When you are out there scamming the American people you will be ousted. Your Mechanic will be exposed soon.

Update by user Aug 11, 2020

The BBB President sent me a letter that my funds would be returned but lied. They sent me a copy from Your Mechanic who would return funds of 157.77.

BBB supports duly paid membership like Your Mechanic who scams customers. BBB was investigated that they give A ratings to companies who scam Your mechanic.

Original review posted by user Jul 12, 2020
I discovered that Better Business Bureau has been serving consumers since 1912, but the rating system has been called 'seriously flawed.' the BBB is merely facilitating communication between themselves and a company or that to learn that the BBB was unable to force a company to take action. This stems from an erroneous perception that the BBB is a government agency. It is not. It is, in fact, a business membership organization with chapters spread across the country BBB is primarily a business membership organization, not a government agency. A company has an A rating with the BBB, that doesn't mean the company is trustworthy, it simply means has upheld its obligation to BBB and followed membership rules. BBB may offer consumers a way to communicate with a business and voice their concerns but unable to force a business to do anything. And just because a business is responding to you through the BBB does not necessarily mean that you'll get anywhere. Businesses wanting to display that blue torch on their BBB websites and marketing materials must pay an annual fee. Small businesses with up to 100 employees generally have to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,500 per year; larger companies could pay upwards of $10,000 annually. I filed a complaint to BBB of Los Angeles and Silicon Valley against a company name Your Mechanic. Your mechanic provides mechanic mobile services. I scheduled the installation of brake pads for my back breaks for $158.77. Your mechanic sent out a mechanic Hugo, and he supposes to have 21 years of experience. He installs brake pads on top of the wrapped rotor which causes my car to make noise and a burning smell. I called Your mechanic to report Hugo and the installation brakes issue. I inform them about the issues about my car such as loud noises and the smell of smoke. I had a warranty and Your mechanic refuse to honor their own warranty. I filed a complaint through BBB March 2020, and it is still unresolved, they closed my case after I had my car inspected by another mechanic. BBB wanted to protect the poor reputation that Your mechanic has with customers. It was a waste of time to go through the BBB process, they favor their members such as Your mechanic who pays them a fee. Beware of Better Business Bureau, customers should be cautioned that the Better Business Bureau can in no way obligate a business to do anything. While a consumer sits around hoping for a response from a company, a response that might never come, that consumer could have already contacted the States Attorney General's Office or began legal proceedings.

User's recommendation: Do not waste your time. Go to you State Attorney's office.

ID
#2050981 Review #2050981 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia
Better Business Bureau Review Listing
Pros
  • You can communicate with a company
Cons
  • Are running a scam
  • Business ethic leaves a lot to be desired

Advanced Reviewer

Misleading and dishonest rating business +A

Update by user Aug 09, 2020

The Better Business Bureau of San Jose Steve McFarland fabricated about the refund of $158.77 (see attached email). He said he contacted Your Mechanic and Your Mechanic would return the refund.I want the public to know that the Better Business Bureau is dishonest with its members such as Your Mechanic who pays dues to them.

A business has to profit to be deceitful and dishonest against customers who have no integrity.Better Business Bureau is not a government organization but a business organization and loyal to its members not to the consumers. Better Business Bureau (BBB) has been under investigation about their ratings according to CNN Money investigation report. BBB is giving both Capital one bank and Your Mechanic A+ ratings for membership fees. Both Capital one bank and Your Mechanic has a lot of negative reviews and complaints covered by BBB.

However, a report found that some businesses with high BBB ratings were being investigated for fraud or other illegal behavior.The BBB uses its own accreditation standards, which are built on the BBB Standards for Trust. These eight principles "summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business. “Being a BBB-accredited business can cost companies more than $10,000 a year.

Your Mechanic scam a customer for $158.77. BBB has been investigated regarding their rating system with businesses that scam customers.Consumers don't waste your time filing complaint against a business with Better Business Bureau goes to government organizations such as the Federal Trade Commission, consumer affairs, etc.

Update by user Jul 18, 2020

I received a call and email from the BBB President from San Jose stating that Your Mechanic is refunding my dispute back to me. Why I take issue with this solution.1) BBB close my case in June 2020 and July 2020 later decide to send me an email and call me the following month to inform me that Your Mechanic who scams me is going to refund my dispute pf $158.77.

What is the BBB motive?2) Your Mechanic is presently fighting my bank to stop my dispute as BBB is aware. So if Your Mechanic is returning my refund why fight against my dispute with my bank?3) Why Your Mechanic sent Capital One Bank fraudulent inspection reports? Why would Your Mechanic make me wait 6 months for a refund?4) Your Mechanic and Capital One are both members of the Better Business Bureau conflicts of interest and co conspiracy of scams.5) Why Your Mechanic can't admit that a mechanic put new brake pads on top of a warped rotor isn't going to make brakes work properly and that is incompetent work.

6) If Your Mechanic is this multi-million dollar company why would they withhold a refund of $158.77 from a disabled person on a fixed income?7) Why would Better Business Bureau give Your Mechanic a high rating treating American consumers especially the protected class this way?8) Better Business Bureau is for the members who pay an annual membership they are not for the consumers. They give high ratings to scam businesses who are corrupt and conduct deceptive practices.

Update by user Jul 14, 2020

Better Business Bureau of San Jose is helping their member Your Mechanic to be dishonest with customers. Better Business Bureau doesn't resolve the issues between the customers and the business, it is not a government organization however a business organization.

Better Business Bureau of San Jose receives a fee from their member Your Mechanic and don't hold them accountable if they scam a customer. As their member Your Mechanic is reporting to my bank one lie and informing Better Business Bureau another lie- Your Mechanic is getting away scamming customers.Better Business Bureau of San Jose has a Judge to close my case. As you can review my evidence, Better Business Bureau states a Judge close my case, they can be unlawful too.

Especially when it comes to social unrest in America, the justice system is unfair with certain classes of people.Better Business Bureau also states that they will not publish my true comments to protect Your Mechanic- their paying members' privacy rights! Better Business Bureau is not about the truth, it is all a lie!

Update by user Jul 13, 2020

Your Mechanic is stating one thing to Capital one bank and stating another with Better Business Bureau, being dishonest.On Better Business Bureau Website Case #768440 on 5/7/2020 Your Mechanic made a statement that my claim was on file and to contact them to make an appointment for diagnostic. I called and sent an email to Your Mechanic who refused to come out or respond (see attached) to the emails dated 5/8/2020, 5/9/2020, and 5/19/2020.On 6/14/2020 Better Business Bureau website CASE#: 768440 Your mechanic admitted to them that they had to restrict their policies.

Your mechanic states that they are abiding by the consumer's financial bank claim for a refund of $158.77(see attached). Therefore, your mechanic has forbidden the diagnostic request due to my filing a claim with my bank on 4/21/2020. On 6/14/2020 Your mechanic statement: “We appreciate the consumer's continued correspondence and patience. Upon review of the consumer's account, the consumer has filed a dispute with their financial institution.

When a dispute is filed, our policy is to deflect to the decision of the financial institution, given that they review the evidence provided from the consumer and our dispute resolution team. Moreover, when a dispute is opened on behalf of a consumer, we are unable to make adjustments or refunds while the dispute is reviewed; the ultimate decision will be made by the consumer's financial institution on whether the assessed charges are valid. We will continue to work with the consumer's bank (See attached) Your mechanic refuse diagnostic, warranty, and/ or a refund on 6/14/2020 on the Better Business Bureau website.On Better Business Bureau case 768440 website on 7/4/2020 Your mechanic made such statement: that they have a policy to a consumer, on multiple occasions, and we respectfully reiterate that, upon review of the consumer's account, the consumer has filed a dispute with their financial institution. When a dispute is filed, our policy is to deflect to the decision of the financial institution, given that they review the evidence provided by the consumer and our dispute resolution team.

Moreover, when a dispute is opened on behalf of a consumer, we are unable to make adjustments or refunds while the dispute is reviewed; the ultimate decision will be made by the consumer's financial institution on whether the assessed charges are valid. The appropriate colleague(s) will continue to work with the consumer's bank. It is important to note that this is a policy that is applicable to all consumers and is not personal. In fact, we have no ability to override the lock on consumer funds once a dispute is opened.

(See attached)Your mechanic refuses diagnostic, warranty, and/ or a refund on 7/7/2020 on the Better Business Bureau website.

However, fail to tell the Capital one Bank the truth.I sent several warranty claims on April 15, 2020, May 8, 2020, and May 18, 2020, and Your Mechanic refused to answer my emails. It states on Your mechanic's website to make warranty claims you can send an email to warranty@***.com however they refuse to respond.

Original review posted by user Jul 10, 2020
Better Business Bureau of Los Angeles is a dishonest business organization. Most people believe that BBB can help solve your problems but that isn't true. I filed a complaint with the Department of Justice and the federal trade commission. I had spoken with other customers who have been scammed by BBB, and we are creating a petition regarding the misleading of A+ ratings while companies scamming customers. I contacted BBB because a company called Your mechanic refuses to honor the warranty. Your mechanic tried to scam me out of $158.77 and tried to con my bank too. I got my car inspected by Pep Boys who found many discrepancies that this company Your Mechanic negligence damaged my car. Pep Boys report was disclosed, BBB closed the case to protect the company name Your mechanic. It is my belief that BBB is a part of a scam with bad companies. AN A+ RATING DOESN'T REALLY MEAN A BUSINESS IS TRUSTWORTHY Sometimes you can see that a company has an A" rating with the BBB, and these scores are often tossed around in advertisements, but that doesn't mean the company is trustworthy. It simply means that the company has upheld its obligation to the BBB and followed its membership rules. Ratings come from a variety of factors from time in business to the number of complaints received, both answered and unanswered. Business is responding to you through the BBB doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get anywhere. Do not expect a resolution! A 2015 report found that some businesses with high BBB ratings were being investigated for fraud or other illegal behavior. The BBB uses its own accreditation standards, which are built on the BBB Standards for Trust. These eight principles summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business. Being a BBB-accredited business can cost companies more than $10,000 a year. Businesses wanting to display that blue torch on their websites and marketing materials must pay an annual fee. Small businesses with up to 100 employees generally have to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,500 per year; larger companies could pay upwards of $10,000 annually. The erroneous perception that BBB is a government agency. It is not. It is, in fact, a business membership organization with chapters spread across the country.BBB is dishonest and misleading !!! We need to get rid of the BBB period...

User's recommendation: Do not deal with Better Business Bureau it is misleading and complaints remain unresolved.

ID
#2047277 Review #2047277 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Better Business Bureau Review Listing
Pros
  • You can communicate with a company
Cons
  • No resolution
Preferred solution
I had to pay for back brakes $593.00 and pain and suffering without a car 1,000 and a refund 158.77

Verified Reviewer

Web alerts with unclear links

Links are not accessible to ensure completion of pertinent feedback.

User's recommendation: Mail a letter to State representatives for action.

ID
#1908943 Review #1908943 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
To have a hb bill initiative to force and Federal or Government funds to provide wage for lost property.

There are plenty of sites to post reviews on thieves

I recently posted a review on a company who claims to have my information. Which they don't, the better business couldn't accept it focusing on a scammer. I am prepared to keep my information from fraudster's and deceiver's who are fake. And will try whatever it takes to get my money.
Dallas, Texas
Product
Better Business Bureau Website

Verified Reviewer

Do not hire this company

It took them one day less than a year to install our whole house generator. They use subcontractors and do shoddy work. They make verbal promises and fail to meet them. Their inspections failed [twice] and they are over priced. They fail to meet their contractual obligations and then send you an amended invoice for more money after giving you a pid in full receipt.
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Make others aware of this rip off company

AVOID THESE PEOPLE . THEY JUST GET PAID TO DO NOITHING !!!!

Got a present for CHRISTMAS from son which I already had, son told me to take back to LOWES, I did, LOWES said no returns without valid receipt ,son could not find receipt LOWES has 90 day return policy ,was within time , return policy also states I can get in store credit if receipt was lost LOWES REFUSED ,wanted all sons info did not give to them filed complaint with local BBB they notified LOWES ,LOWES rep called wanted to resolve issue stated they had to have valid receipt also wanted sons info which I did not do .LOWES told BBB they offered me financial solution which they did not do . BBB closed complaint said complaint was resolved which is not. I told BBB LOWES had offered me NOTHING .LOWES has lied and the BBB took their side stating that LOWES had presented me with a financial offer that I refused which is a LIE . LOWES called again offering to resolve the issue and started wanting the same info again which I refused to do LOWES has offered me nothing to resolve issue . BBB IS A SCAM THEY ARE WORTHLESS
ID
Pros
  • Only way consumers can report a business
Cons
  • Takes company s side drops complaint too easily
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
RETURN ITEM FOR IN STORE CREDIT

Do NOT Waste Your Time: The BBB is a Joke!

I am a former customer of Green Dot Bank, and in November 2019, I was livid to find that $455 of my money was stolen from my account. Green Dot Bank told me they would do an investigation and return the funds within 10 days. On the 10th day, they told me my claim was denied. Immediately, I called them multiple times and after informing them that I was recording the call each time, obtained multiple calls. The Better Business Bureau "Administrative Closed" this case which means that they believe the business made a "good faith attempt" to reach resolution. As a paralegal, I know that in a civil issue, one must prove by a preponderance of evidence. In this case, the evidence is overwhelmingly stacked against Green Dot Bank and when you add it all up, it excludes ALL reasonable doubt. So ... NOTHING about this says they made a "good faith" effort. The Facts As Established by the Evidence: 1. I detailed all of the facts of my case, uploaded a copy of my dispute to Green Dot Bank, 2. Green Dot Bank lied in writing to the Better Business Bureau 3. I uploaded recorded calls that were recorded through a website, thus time and date stamped that proved they were lying as their representatives made statements CONTRADICTING what they put in writing to Green Dot Bank in response to my complaint. 4. In their rebuttal, they told another lie. 5. I uploaded letters they wrote on their own letterhead that proved that they were lying. 6. I uploaded ANOTHER recorded call, which was proven to contradict their own written and signed letter. 7. I attached copies of the e-mails from the consumers they said on the calls that they contacted, in which the company president said that they had never heard from Green Dot Bank with respect to my case. Green Dot Bank's Response: We are sorry for any inconvenience. Please call us if you have any questions. What attempt was made at resolution, none. But I will say this to every person working at that Better Business Bureau, YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO TO US CONSUMERS, BECAUSE SOMEBODY MIGHT DO IT TO YOU! KARMA IS A YOU KNOW WHAT!
Waldorf, Maryland

Not to search help on google

Better Business Bureau - Not to search help on google
My name is Maria Espinoza, in 2017 I was looking for help to pay off my school loan. One day in the radios I heard about this company that can help pay off your loans and will give you many promises which are not true. So they promised me to make monthly payment of $39.00 and in 3 years my loan will be pay off. So I being paying since 2017 monthly. I lost my debit card 10/2019, so my payment of Nov 2019 did went through, I received a message from them saying that I needed to call them to update my payment info, well I called hem several times and also left several detailed voice mails that I needed to update my payment info. Arete financial freedom, that's the name of the company that I had the contract with. Well since they were not answering I called FedLoan that's the company that I owe the money, they told me that they never received any type of payment from me, and that probably the Arete company was a scam. Next day I went to my Bank and I found out that they change names 2 times. I being paying monthly for 3 years now, I would like someone to help me with this issue please. One more time my name is Maria Espinoza, best contact number you can reach me is 571-402-****, 571-659-****. My adrees is, 5 Stable Way Fredericksburg Va, 22407, Email: lupita.masnaita@***.com.
ID
Pros
  • I like what you all are about keping companies in check
Cons
  • Getting a final resolution
Reason of review
I thought i was paying my school loan but was a scam
Full refund

Address & Phone # of BBB that covers Corpus Christi, Tx. area.

Service Provider Company has wrongly billed me for services not delivered to me. They charged me for a full billing cycle and took the money out of refund due to me. I have undeniable proof (documents ) which show I terminated services with this company the previous month and turned in their equipment.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Better Business Bureau - Debt Settlement *** Bradley Smith from Rescue One Financial is on the board of the Orange County BBB as treasurer PROOF THE BBB IS A SCAM
If you ever wonder what kind of operation the BBB of Orange County just look at their choice for Treasurer - Bradley Smith of Rescue One Financial or SImple Path Financial or Personal Lending Group....which one is it this week? This guy who is supposedly in charge of...
Bradley Smith
Preferred solution
Kicking the con artist off your board.
YESTERDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2019, I HAD A CASE AJR SIGNED BY JEANNIE COMPTON, DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, BBB COMPLAINT DEPARTMENRRT jeanninec@***.bbb.org. MY COMPLAINT WAS AGAINST DSLD HOMES BATON ROUGE, LA. " HAVE INSULATION COMING THROUGH MY GRILLE/AC VENTS. BALLS AND...
ID
Pros
  • I like what you all are about keping companies in check
  • I would like to talk to a person so i can express my needs
Cons
  • In bed with the companys screwing us
  • Business ethics
Bad quality